Monday, March 14, 2011

Sunday Setlist and Sermon Thoughts Mar.13


As spring rolls around, so does Spring Break, which means VACATIONS!! Bo was out so I sat in on drums and Bob slid over to guitar. My lovely wife Raegan filled in vocally while Brenda was out as well. I love getting to play the drums, since it's something I don't get to do very often. Somewhere in the second song, the right beater on our double-bass drum pedal flew off. I wasn't playing it that hard, but it was definitely getting' after it. I managed to get it back on, but it came off again during Revelation Song. So I had to plug my brain back in and get my left foot to do what my right foot normally does.

I Stand Amazed in the Prescence (F/G)
Praise Adonai (Bb)

Offeratory

Your Love oh Lord (E)
From the Inside Out (A)
Revelation Song (D)

----------------------------------
This week's sermon by Pastor Robert referenced the story in Mark 2 about the men who lowered their paralytic friend into Peter's house while Jesus was there. Many great points about how his friends took it upon themselves to get him help (just as we should help our spiritually-paralyzed friends) and how Jesus first forgave the man's sins (the most important part.)

BONUS SUNDAY NIGHT THOUGHTS:

Debora has been doing a wonderful job teaching thru the Armor of God in Ephesians 6. Tonights lesson was regarding the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. She mentioned a quote by Spurgeon, and one phrase stuck with me:

Do you recollect how, after this, your sins were slain one after another? Their necks were laid on the block, and the Spirit acted as an executioner with his sword.

Wow!! My sins are executed by the Sword of the Spirit, the Word of God. Man, what a victorious thought that is! Our sins, past, present, and future cannot defeat us since our Sword will surely execute them.

http://www.theworshipcommunity.com/sunday-setlists-138/

No comments: