Monday, February 14, 2011

Sunday Setlist Feb. 13

FAMILY OF GOD--F
PRAISE THE LORD-F/G
VICTORY IN JESUS-G

OFFERTORY--Victory in Jesus (instrumental)

AWESOME GOD-Dm
I EXALT THEE-F
WHEN I LOOK-Bb
LORD, BE GLORIFIED-Bb/C

GFC celebrated it's 20th anniversary on Sunday. So, we decided it would be neat to turn back the clock and worship with some of the songs that were sung back in the day. This was the first time for the praise team to perform a few of these, so there was a lot of laughs at practice while we fought our way through them.

Thankfully, our church congregation doesn't depend on our talents to motivate them to worship. From the first song, they were all into it and I could feel the love. Once or twice, I removed my earbud to hear everyone powerfully singing "We Exalt Thee!!" It never gets old.

One thing that struck me about the songs is how well they reflect the beliefs and mindset of our church. The first one, "Family of God" is a wonderful representation of GFC's attitude. The other songs are focused directly on God's greatness and our response to it. GFC has done a wonderful job of living up to it's mission.

As I stated last time, I feel blessed to be part of something that started when I was 12 and living 150 miles away in Arlington. The slide show and videos show how far this church has come in an area where you can find much larger churches. Words can't express how excited I am to be a part of the next 20 years.


http://www.theworshipcommunity.com/sunday-setlists-134/

2 comments:

Matt Owens said...

What a great idea! We're thinking of this summer doing something where we go through the ages of worship, from the Psalms through the middle ages to modern times.

I imagine a lot of your congregation was unfamiliar with the songs. Were they pretty responsive regardless?

Jeff said...

Yes, thankfully, they were very responsive.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, Matt.